- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 grapefruit, segmented, juice reserved
- 1 orange, juice reserved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon hot jerk seasoning
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1/2 Pound beets, roasted and cut into wedges
- 6 Ounces cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 heads baby lettuce, preferably organic
In a bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and 1 ounce total of the juice from the grapefruit and orange. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Whisk to make the dressing and set aside.
In another bowl, marinate the shrimp in the jerk seasoning for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat a grill over medium heat. Then, toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the dressing and grill for 2 minutes on each side.
Combine the red onion, beets, cucumber, and baby lettuce in a bowl and toss with the remaining dressing. Place the salads in 2 equal portions in 2 bowls, and add the citrus segments and shrimp. Season with pepper, to taste.